Saturday, May 17, 2014

GOD'S PROMISES - ASHAMED

We have all done things in our past and present lives that we feel embarrassed and ashamed of.  But when you ask God for forgiveness of you sins, He washes all your sins away and you don't have to be ashamed and you can be free from the things that torment your  mind.

"You Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light."  Psalm 18:28

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."  Psalm 51:10-12

"For your have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life."  Psalm 56:13

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength....the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion."  Isaiah 30:15b, 18

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him'"  Lamentations 3:22-24

"The time has come,...The kingdom of God has come near.   Repent and believe the good news!"  Mark 1:15

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    What happened to Elimelech in Moab?
2.    What does the shepherd in the parable of the lost sheep do once he realizes one is missing?
3.    What is the name of the disciple who betrayed Jesus?
4.    What golden animal did the Israelites make as an idol?
5.    Who did Jesus appear to first after his resurrection?
6.    What job did Peter and Andrew do?
7.    Which prophet tried to flee from God when asked to preach God's message in Nineveh?
8.    What is the collective name of the stories Jesus told to convey his message?
9.    What was noticeable about Jacob's twin brother, Esau, at birth?
10.  Who wanted to kill Jesus when he was a baby?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
1.    He died - Ruth 1:3
2.    Goes and looks for it - Matthew 18:12
3.    Judas Iscariot - Mark 14:10
4.    Calf - Exodus 32:4
5.    Mary Magdalene - Mark 16:9
6.    Fisherman - Matthew 4:18
7.    Jonah - Jonah 1:2-3
8.    Parables - Matthew 13:10-13
9.    He was red and hairy - Genesis 25:25
10.  Herod (the Great) - Matthew 2:13


No comments: