Sunday, August 10, 2014

GOD'S PROMISES - SETBACKS

God knows about every setback that we will encounter in life before it even happens.  When going through these setbacks keep believing, trusting and have faith that God will help you through each and every setback that you may encounter.

"...and (Job) said, 'Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.  The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised."  Job 1:21,22

"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst.  But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.  I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys.  I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs."  Isaiah 41:17,18

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.  The creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed."  Romans 8:18,19

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do all this through him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:12,13

"Blessed are those who persevere under trail, because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."  James 1:12

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    What was the name of the place where Jesus Christ was crucified?
2.    What object featured in Jacob's dream at Bethel?
3.    What are the names of Joseph's parents?
4.    What animal did Samson kill on his way to Timnah?
5.    What was the name of Ruth's second husband?
6.    Complete this common phrase of thanksgiving found in the Bible:  "O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good:  for his ___________ endureth forever."
7.    Who wrote the majority of the Psalms.
8.    Which prophet anointed David as king?
9.    A "soft answer turneth away..." what?
10.  What job did the prodigal son end up taking after he had spent his inheritance?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you all with joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Bible Verses listed below to find the answers.)   
1.    John 19:17
2.    Genesis 28:12
3.    Genesis 46:19
4.    Judges 14:16
5.    Ruth 4:13
6.    Psalm 106:1
7.    Psalm 1-150
8.    1 Samuel 16:13
9.    Proverbs 15:1
10.  Luke 15:15

No comments: