Saturday, November 29, 2014

GOD'S PROMISES - HURT

God promises us that he will heal all of the hurt and pain that we will endure in our lives.

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains -- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."  Psalm 121:1

"When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone's way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them."  Proverbs 16:7

"... I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and God's provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance."  Philippians 1:18, 19

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13b, 14

"...everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted."  2 Timothy 3:12

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    What profession did Zebedee, father of James and John, have?
2.    Which two sisters married Jacob?
3.    Into which land did God send Abraham to sacrifice his special son, Isaac?
4.    In Revelation, what was the wife of the Lamb arrayed in?
5.    Which Israelite woman had two Moabite daughters-in-law?
6.    When Peter was asked if Jesus paid temple taxes, what animal concealed a coin with which to pay the taxes?
7.    In Nebuchadnezzar's dream what did the different metals of the statue represent?
8.    What did God initially give man to eat?
9.    Which city did David pray for the peace of?
10.  What did the crew of the ship Jonah was on do once the storm had ceased?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Psalm 29:11
The Lord gives his people strength.  The Lord blesses them with peace.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers 
1.    Matthew 4:21
2.    Genesis 29:28
3.    Genesis 22:2
4.    Revelations 19:8
5.    Ruth 1:4
6.    Matthew 17:27
7.    Daniel 2:37-44
8.    Genesis 2:9,16
9.    Psalms 122:6
10.  Jonah 1:16
 
 

No comments: