Saturday, April 18, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - ATTACKED

There are times in our lives when we fill that we are under an attack from the devil.  We are going through all types of hardships and things just don't seem to be working in our favor.  Remember God said "no weapon formed against me shall prosper".  Pray and ask the Lord to remove all attacks against your life so that you may live free and happy.

"In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.  Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.  Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.  Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for your are my refuge.  Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, Lord, my faithful God."  Psalm 31:5

"My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me.  Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.  Let me not be put to shame, Lord, for I have cried out to you..."  Psalm 31:15-17a

"How great is your goodness...which you bestow in the sight of all on those who take refuge in you.  In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues.  Praise be to the Lord, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege.  In my alarm I said, 'I am cut off from your sight!' Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help."  Psalm 31:19-22

"Love the Lord, all his faithful people!  The Lord preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full.  Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord,"  Psalm 31:23,24

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  They say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday."  Psalm 91:1-6

"If you say, 'The Lord is my refuge,' and you make the Most High your dwelling, nor harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent."  Psalm 91:9,10

"'Because they love me,' says the Lord, 'I will rescue them; I will protect them, for they acknowledge my name.  They will call on me, and I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will deliver them and honor them.  With long life I will satisfy them and show them my salvation.'"  Psalm 91:14-16

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of Son he loves." Colossians 1:13

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Which missionary was described as having "known the holy scriptures from an early age"?
2.    What affliction did Paul strike Elymas the sorcerer down with?
3.    Who was Boaz a kinsman of?
4.    What animals were carved on Solomon's throne?
5.    What did Jesus and the disciples have for breakfast when Jesus appeared to them after the resurrection by the Sea of Tiberias?
6.    Which woman was a seller of purple goods?
7.    What were the restrictions on marriage for the daughters of Zelophehad?
8.    Who said, "A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel," when he saw Jesus?
9.    How did Moses assure victory against the Amalekites?
10.  What was the occupation of Hosea's wife?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." 

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    2 Timothy 3:15
2.    Acts 13:8,11
3.    Ruth 2:1
4.    1 Kings 10:19
5.    John 21:13
6.    Acts 16:14
7.    Numbers 36:6
8.    Luke 2:25, 32
9.    Exodus 17:11-12
10.  Hosea 1:2
  

No comments: