Saturday, October 24, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - LONELINESS

Do not be afraid to ask God to send you the perfect mate, friend or companion whenever you are feeling lonely in your life.

He hath put my brethren far from me, and mine acquaintance are verily estranged from me.  My kinsfolk have failed, and my familiar friends have forgotten me.  Job 19:13-14

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:  for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Psalms 23:4

My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.  Psalm 38:11

I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me:  refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto thee, O Lord:  I said, Thou are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.  Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low:  deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I. Psalms 142:4-6

At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.  Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear:  and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.  And the Lord shall delivery me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom:  to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.  2 Timothy 4:16-18

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    What Did Melchizedek give to Abram?
2.    What argument prompted Jesus to tell his disciples that they would judge the twelve tribes in the kingdom?
3.    Who was king of the southern kingdom when the northern kingdom of Israel fell to Assyria?
4.    The fifth trumpet in Revelation is a plague which was also a plague upon Egypt in Exodus.  Which one?
5.    In Zechariah, the prophet has a vision of a man riding a red horse and standing under what kind of tree?
6.    For how long did Abdon, son of Hillel, judge Israel?
7.    When the Israelites came to Elim, how many palm trees were there?
8.    How many rivers did the river in Eden split into once it left the garden?
9.    What was the name of the Sorcerer Paul met on the island of Cyprus?
10.  How much did Ruth glean on her first day in Boaz's field?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."  This is the first great commandment.  And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers)
1.    Genesis 14:18
2.    Luke 22:24-30
3.    2 Kings 18:9-12
4.    Revelations 9:1-4
5.    Zechariah 1:8
6.    Judges 12:13-14
7.    Exodus 15:27
8.    Genesis 2:10
9.    Acts 13:8
10.  Ruth 2:17

No comments: