Saturday, February 28, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - BETRAYAL

There may come a time in your life that you have been betrayed in the worst way by someone who you really love and care about.  It may be hard, but ask God to help you to forgive that person so that you can move on with your life without any bitterness or resentment in your heart.

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  Deuteronomy 31:8

"No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life.  As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Joshua 1:5

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand."  Psalm 73:23

"But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."  Psalm 86:15

"God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."  1 Corinthians 1:9

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    In which tribe was the city of Bethlehem?
2.    What was Peter doing when he denied Jesus for the second time?
3.    What did Jonah do while he waited to see Nineveh's fate?
4.    Who carried the cross for Christ?
5.    On which mountain range did Noah's ark come to rest?
6.    Which two tribes of Israel were not named after sons of Jacob?
7.    What did the Queen of Sheba give to Solomon?
8.    What should Philemon do if his slave owed him anything?
9.    How many books are there in the Old Testament?
10.  According to Old Testament law, what should you not cook a young goat in? 

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Philippians 3:7-9
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.  I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God is by faith.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    Micah 5:2
2.    John 18:25
3.    Jonah 4:5
4.    Matthew 27:32
5.    Genesis 8:4
6.    Joshua 14:4
7.    1 Kings 10:10
8.    Philemon 1:18
9.    Genesis 1:1 - Malachi 4:6
10.  Exodus 23:19
 

No comments: