Saturday, February 14, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - VULNERABLE

At times in our lives we may become vulnerable to life's situations and circumstances.  God will give you strength in these difficult times.  He will keep you safe and help you through.

"Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge."  Psalm 16:1

"In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.  Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.  Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.  Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge."  Psalm 31:1-4

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."  Psalm 31:24

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."  Psalm 37:3-7b

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights."  Habakkuk 3:19

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    How many times did Samson lie about his source of strength to Delilah?
2.    Which book of the Bible begins with "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham"?
3.    Jephthah made a vow to God, with what effect on his daughter? 
4.    Who did Mary suppose Jesus to be at first after the resurrection?
5.    How did Jesus reveal the one who would betray him?
6.    Which two Old Testament characters appeared with Jesus at the transfiguration?
7.    Who prayed for the fiery serpents to be taken away from Israel?
8.    Which married couple did Paul become friends with at Corinth?
9.    Who persuaded Delilah to betray Samson?
10.  When Jesus died, for how long was there darkness over the land?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Romans 8:38-39
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the verses listed below to find the answers.) 
1.    Judges 16:15
2.    Matthew 1:1
3.    Judges 11:30-40
4.    John 20:15
5.    John 13:26
6.    Matthew 17:3
7.    Numbers 21:7
8.    Acts 18:2
9.    Judges 16:5
10.  Luke 23:44

No comments: