Saturday, March 28, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - DEPRESSED

When you are going through tough times and find yourself depressed, pray and ask God to help lift your spirits and give you the faith and joy you need to make it through the tough times.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."  Psalm 34:18

"Why, my soul, are you downcast?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."  Psalm 43:5

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."  Psalm 68:19

"Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord; Lord, hear my voice.  Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy."  Psalm 130:1,2

"The Lord upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."  Psalm 145:14

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  Psalm 147:3

"I called on your name, Lord, from the depths of the pit.  You heard my pleas:  'Do not close your ears to my cry for relief.'  You came near when I called you, and you said, 'Do not fear.'"  Lamentations 3:55-57

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Which book of the Bible follows Jonah?
2.    What inscription was on the altar in Athens?
3.    In which book of prophecy do we read about the valley of dry bones?
4.    Which baby was named after his mother's laughter?
5.    Demetrius, of Ephesus was a....?
6.    On which day of the year could the High Priest enter the Holiest Place, the inner most part of the temple where the covenant box was kept?
7.    What was the name of the temple gate at which the lame man was laid daily?
8.    To which Jewish sect did Nicodemus belong?
9.    What is the first recorded dream of Joseph, son of Jacob?
10.  To which tribe did the apostle Paul belong?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    Jonah 4:11 - Micah 1:1
2.    Acts 17:23
3.    Ezekiel 37:1
4.    Genesis 21:6
5.    Acts 19:24
6.    Leviticus 16
7.    Acts 3:2
8.    John 3:1
9.    Genesis 37:5-7
10.  Romans 11:1
 

No comments: