Saturday, March 21, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - FAILURE

When you feel as though you have failed at the goals that you have set for yourself in life, pray and ask God for the wisdom, strength and redirection to accomplish his will for your life.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."  Psalm 40:2

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up."  Psalm 71:20

"I lift my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber."  Psalm 121:1-3

"The Lord Almighty has sworn, 'Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen.'"  Isaiah 14:24

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22,23

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    How long had the infirm man lain at the pool of Bethesda?
2.    What "doeth good like a medicine"?
3.    What was God to give Abraham as an everlasting possession?
4.    What lie was told about Naboth that led to him being stoned and Ahab taking possession of his vineyard?
5.    Which supernatural being or beings does the Bible say the Sadducees did not believe in?
6.    Who won the hand of Caleb's daughter, Achsah?
7.    What is the "light of the body"?
8.    The southern kingdom of divided Israel eventually fell, but to which great power?
9.    You will be healed if you "pray for one another" and what else?
10.  What is in the hypocrite's eye?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Numbers 6:26
"The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the verses listed below to find the answers.) 
1.    John 5:5
2.    Proverbs 17:22
3.    Genesis 17:8
4.    1 Kings 21:10
5.    Acts 23:8
6.    Joshua 15:16-17
7.    Matthew 6:22
8.    2 Kings 25
9.    James 5:16
10.  Matthew 7:5
 

No comments: