Saturday, June 6, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - HEARTBROKEN

There may be times in your life when you will face situations or people that will hurt you to the core and you may feel so heartbroken that you feel like you will never recover.  God will help you be strong through all hurts and pains and will give you the strength to make it through and bring joy back into your heart.

"...the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you..." Deuteronomy 4:31

"...the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own."  1 Samuel 12:22

"Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."  Psalm 9:10

"Be merciful to me, Lord for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.  My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak.  Because of all my enemies, I am the utter contempt of my neighbors; I am a dread to my friends--those who see me on the street flee from me.  I am forgotten as though I were dead; I have become like broken pottery.  For I hear many whispering.  'Terror on every side!'  They conspire against me and plot to take my life.  But I trust in you, Lord; I say, 'You are my God.'"  Psalm 31:9-14

"...I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  Matthew 28:20

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  Revelation 21:4

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Who sang, "My soul doth magnify the Lord"?
2.    At what place did the Israelites arrive only to find the water was too bitter to drink, whereupon God caused it to become sweet?
3.    Which Psalm describes how well the Lord knows man, starting with the line, "O Lord, thou has searched me, and known me"?
4.    When Moses blessed the tribes before his death, to what animal did he compare God?
5.    When Saul defeated the Amalekites he disobeyed God and took possessions from the land.  What was the name of the king he also spared?
6.    What was Paul's "distinguishing mark" in the letters he wrote?
7.    Which king had a feast using the gold and silver vessels taken from the temple in Jerusalem?
8.    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise"...what?
9.    How should a "merry person" behave, according James?
10.  What sacrifice did Mary and Joseph offer when the days of purification were complete after Jesus' birth? 

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Proverbs 24:14
Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

Bible  Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    Luke 1:46
2.    Exodus 15:23
3.    Psalm 139:1
4.    Deuteronomy 33:20
5.    1 Samuel 15:9
6.    2 Thessalonians 3:17
7.    Daniel 5:2
8.    Proverbs 1:7
9.    James 5:13
10.  Luke 2:24

No comments: