Saturday, May 30, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - TRAGEDY

God promises to give us the strength to endure any and all tragedies that we may encounter in our lives.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.  Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  Psalm 27:14

"...the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night."  Psalm 121:6

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40:31

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

"Call to me and I will answer you..."  Jeremiah 33:3

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."  Matthew 5:4

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  My Father's house has plenty of room; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."  John 14:1-3

"Where, O death, is your victory?  Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.  But thanks be to God!  He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."  1 Corinthians 15:55-57

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  Revelation 21:4

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    To whom was Jesus referring when he said "Go tell that fox, behold I cast out devils?"
2.    How old was Joseph when he began serving Pharaoh?
3.    What did Naboth refuse to sell?
4.    Which living creatures in the water were deemed unclean?
5.    What must a Christian do to "earn their own bread to eat"?
6.    What was the name of the father of Caleb the spy?
7.    Which apostle baptized the Ethiopian eunuch?
8.    Who promised the "gift of power to tread on serpents and scorpions"?
9.    Which king was saved from death by Abraham's prayer?
10.  What did Abram do when he heard that Lot was made a prisoner of war? 

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. 

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    Luke 13:31-32
2.    Genesis 41:46
3.    1 Kings 21:2-3
4.    Deuteronomy 14:9
5.    2 Thessalonians 3:12
6.    Numbers 13:6
7.    Acts 8:38
8.    Luke 10:19
9.    Genesis 20:17
10.  Genesis 14:14-16

No comments: