Sunday, March 4, 2018

GOD'S PROMISES - MYSTERIOUS WAYS

It's funny that God will sometimes answer our prayers in the most mysterious ways.

I am at a time in my life where I really don't have a lot of finances to do fun things for myself and I wanted to go see a new movie. I was able to obtain a gift card so I didn't have to pay for the movie and I figured I could spend a few dollars to get a small popcorn and soda. As I was heading to the theater, I prayed and asked God to lead me to the right seat and to get the right snacks and also to let me not have to use the bathroom until the movie was over as I did not want to miss anything. 

When I got to the concession stand to order my popcorn and soda, the price was much higher than I really wanted to spend but I was going to buy it anyway. Well, the employee was so rude to me that I decided I didn't want to buy anything. As a result I was able to sit through the whole 2.5 hour movie (without a bathroom break) and also after leaving the theater I was able to go buy a treat that I liked more and the price was more than 50% less than what I would have spent on movie snacks.

God promises to take care of all of our needs and this time he used a rude employee to do it for me!

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Who said, "Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
2.    Who said, "Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this man hath done nothing amiss."
3.    Who said, "Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw."
4.    Who said, "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water."
5.    Who said, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
1.    A rich ruler. (Luke 18:18)
2.    One of the thieves that was crucified with Jesus.  (Luke 23:40)
3.    The Samaritan woman at the well.  (John 4:15)
4.    Simon Peter.  (Matthew 14:28)
5.    Jesus (Matthew 23:37)


No comments: