Sunday, June 15, 2014

GOD'S PROMISES - A BLESSING

May God bless the all the fathers today that have been a blessing to their children throughout their lives!

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."  Psalm 84:11

"I will bless her with abundant provisions; her poor I will satisfy with food."  Psalm 132:15

"From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing.  I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained."  Jeremiah 30:19

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, trust also in me."  John 14:1

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change life shifting shadows."  James 1:17

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    What did Ruth do to Boaz while he was sleeping?
2.    As Esa grew, he was described as what...?
3.    When Jesus went to dinner at Simon the Pharisee's house, what did a woman do for him?
4.    What was Bathsheba doing when David first saw her?
5.    When the law was given to the children of Israel, what were they told not to worship?
6.    Who ran from Mount Carmel to Samaria faster than Ahab could drive his chariot?
7.    Ho many sons did Jacob (Israel) have?
8.    Which disciple wanted to see the imprint of the nails before he would believe?
9.    Which king dreamed about a large statue of a man made from different metals?
10.  What form did the Holy Spirit take at the baptism of Jesus?
 
Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
John 14:1-3 
"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Bible Verses listed below to find the answers)
1.    Ruth  3:7
2.    Genesis 25:27
3.    Luke 7:36-46
4.    2 Samuel 11:2
5.    Exodus 34:14; Deuteronomy 8:19
6.    I Kings 18:44-46
7.    Genesis 35:22
8.    John 20:24-45
9.    Daniel 2
10.  Luke 3:22 


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments: