Sunday, June 29, 2014

GOD'S PROMISES - OPPORTUNITIES

Pray and ask God to present you with the opportunities that you need in life to proper and grow.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."  Psalm 32:8

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.  Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.  For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land."  Psalm 37:1-9

"The blameless spend their days under the Lord's care, and their inheritance will endure forever.  In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty."  Psalm 37:18,19

"The Lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in him; though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord upholds them with his hand."  Psalm 37:23, 24

"Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever.  For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.  Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed; the offspring of the wicked will perish.  The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever."  Psalm 37:27-29

"Hope in the Lord and keep his way.  He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.  I have seen the wicked and ruthless flourishing like a luxuriant native tree, but they soon passed away and were no more; though I looked for them, they could not be found.  Consider the blameless, observe the upright; a future awaits those who seek peace."  Psalm 37:34-37

Bible Trivia Questions 
1.    How were sins forgiven in the Old testament?
2.    How were the Thessalonians told to pray?
3.    What happened to the city of Jericho after the priests blew their trumpets?
4.    Which garden did Jesus go to, to pray in before his arrest?
5.    Who was instructed by God to leave his home and family to travel to a country he did not know?
6.    What was Jesus teaching about when he said, "What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder"?
7.    In the Lords' Prayer, what follows the line, "Hallowed be thy name"?
8.    What was Jonah found doing on the ship while the storm was raging?
9.    Five of the Ten Virgins did not take enough of what?
10.  What was the name of Joseph's master in Egypt?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Psalm 16:5-8
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup you have made my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.  I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(To find the answers look in the Bible verses listed below.)
1.    Leviticus 4
2.    1 Thessalonians 5:17
3.    Joshua 6:20
4.    Matthew 26:36
5.    Genesis 12:1
6.    Matthew 19:6
7.    Matthew 6:10
8.    Jonah 1:5
9.    Matthew 25:3
10.  Genesis 37:36

No comments: