Saturday, July 5, 2014

GOD'S PROMISES - CHALLENGES

In life sometimes we go through many challenges.  But be comforted in knowing that God will help you make it through.  God promised that he will never leave us nor forsake us.
 
"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave your nor forsake you."  Deuteronomy 31:6

"Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."  Psalm 62:6

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold your with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

"Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain. 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."  Matthew 21:21,22

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."  James 1:2,3

"These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."  1 Peter 1:7

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Aaron turned his rod into a serpent before Pharaoh, and Pharoah's magicians did likewise, but what happened to their serpents?
2.    To which country did Mary and Joseph escape when Herod killed all the babies in Bethlehem?
3.    What is the name of the angel who appeared to Mary?
4.    Which land did the Lord promise to Abraham?
5.    What should we "seek first"?
6.    Which Psalm contains the line, "He leads me beside the still waters"?
7.    In the parable of the ten virgins, what were they waiting for?
8.    What event occurred to help release Paul and Silas from prison?
9.    Which prisoner did the crowd call for to be released when Pilate asked them?
10.  How does James say we should "treat the rich and the poor"?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Psalm 18:32-36
"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.  He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.  You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn."

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(To find the answers look in the Bible verses listed below.)
1.    Exodus 7:12
2.    Matthew 2:13-14
3.    Luke 1:26
4.    Genesis 17:8
5.    Matthew 6:33
6.    Psalm 23:2
7.    Matthew 25:1
8.    Acts 16:26
9.    Matthew 27:21
10.  James 2:1-4

No comments: