Saturday, January 17, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - PERSEVERANCE

Even when times are tough God will give you the perseverance to make it through!

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.  Romans 5:3-5

"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 3:13,14

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-4

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    In which book of the Bible do we find "Nebuchadnezzar's image"?
2.    Where was Abraham born? 
3.    Who was given a son following her prayer to God in the temple, during which the priest accused her of being drunk?
4.    Who asked for an understanding heart to judge God's people?
5.    What is "sin"?
6.    For how long did David reign?
7.    How many Psalms are there in the Bible?
8.    Jesus used a little child to show the futility of an argument among the disciples.  What were they arguing about?
9.    Whose twelve year old daughter did Jesus raise from the dead?
10.  What was the name of Ruth's great-grandson?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week 
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(To find the answers look in the Verses listed below.)
1.    Daniel 2:31-36
2.    Genesis 11:31
3.    1 Samuel 1:13
4.    1 Kings 3:9
5.    1 James 3:4
6.    2 Samuel 5:4
7.    Psalm 1:1-150:6
8.    Matthew 18:1-4
9.    Luke 8:41
10.  Ruth 4:22
 


No comments: