Saturday, January 24, 2015

GOD'S PROMISES - TRAPPED

There may be times in our lives when we feel trapped in a situation and don't know what to do or how to make things better.  Pray and God will give you the wisdom you need to find the answers to get you out of your situation.

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."  Psalm 5:11,12

"Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.  Now a slave has no permanent place in the family but a son belongs to it forever.  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."  John 8:34-36

"...thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.  You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."  Romans 6:17,18

"...I was given a thorn in my flesh...so torment me...I pleaded with the Lord to take it away...But he said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  2 Corinthians 12:7b-9

"...God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'  So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.  What can human beings do to me?"  Hebrews 13:5b,6b

...those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good."  1 Peter 4:19

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    On what island was John when he was given the vision of Revelation?
2.    What happened to King Nebuchadnezzar before being restored as king?
3.    Where did Jonah try to run to instead of going to Nineveh as God had commanded?
4.    Who did Paul send to Rome, requesting that she was given a welcome worthy of the saints?
5.    Whose mother took him a little coat once a year?
6.    Which judge killed Eglon, King of Moab?
7.    In a parable told by Jesus, what did the rich man do with the surplus of crops that he grew?
8.    In the parable of the leaven, what is leaven more commonly known as?
9.    What bird could poor people use for sacrifices if they could not afford lambs?
10.   Which book of prophecy was the Ethiopian eunuch reading from?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Proverbs 18:10
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses below to find the answers.)
1.    Revelations 1:9
2.    Daniel 4:33-36
3.    Jonah 1:3
4.    Romans 16:1-2
5.    1 Samuel 2:19
6.    Judges 3:15-25
7.    Luke 12:18
8.    Matthew 13:33
9.    Leviticus 5:7
10.  Acts 8:30
 

No comments: