Sunday, January 31, 2016

GOD'S PROMISES - EVERYDAY NEEDS

God will help you with any problem you are experiencing, nothing is to big or to small for Him.  Pray and ask for His help for all of your everyday needs.

The Lord is my shepherd, I have all that I need.  You let me rest in green meadows; you lead me beside peaceful streams.  You renew my strength.  You guide me along right paths, bringing honor to your name.  Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.  You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.  You honor me by anointing my head with oil.  My cup overflows with blessings.  Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.  Psalm 23:1-6

O God, when you led your people out from Egypt, when you marched through the dry wasteland, the earth trembled, and the heavens poured down rain before you, the God of Sinai, before God, the God of Israel. You sent abundant rain, O God to refresh the weary land.  There your people finally settled, and with a bountiful harvest, O God, you provided your needy people.  Psalm 68:7-10

The earth is full of your creatures.  Here is the ocean, vast and wide, teeming with life of every kind, both large and small.  See the ships sailing along, and Leviathan, which you made to play in the sea.  They all depend on you to give them food as they need it. When you supply it, they gather it.  You open your hand to feed them, and they are richly satisfied.  But if you turn away from them, they panic. When you take away their breath, they die and turn again to dust.  When you give them your breath, life is created, and you renew the face of the earth.  Psalm 104:24-30

I can never escape from your Spirit!  I can never get away from your presence!  If I go up to to heaven you are there, if I go down to the grave, you are there.  If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.  I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night - but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.  To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.  Psalm 139:7-12

As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts.  You are my helper and my savior.  O my God, do not delay.  Psalm 40:17

Though I am overwhelmed by my sins, you forgive them all.  What joy for those you choose to bring near, those who live in your holy courts.  Psalm 65:3-4

Answers my prayers, O Lord, for your unfailing love is wonderful. Take care of me, for your mercy is so plentiful.  Psalm 69:16

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Which honorable counselor was waiting for the Kingdom of God?
2.    One of the Ten Commandments forbids the coveting of a neighbor's property.  Which one?
3.    What did God specifically command concerning the eating of the thanksgiving offering that the Israelites made?
4.    Which tribe's blessing from Jacob said they would "dwell at the haven of the sea"?
5.    Jesus accused the Pharisees of hypocritically paying tithes on herbs, and omitting which weightier matters of the law?
6.    Which king of Heshbon would not let the Israelites pass through his land?
7.    What occasion did David write Psalm 105 for?
8.    Which one of the Ten Commandments was an instruction not to lie (bear false witness)?
9.    What was the name of the god that Barnabas was called at Lystra?
10.  How many horns did the ram in Daniel's vision have?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
1 Corinthians 1:30
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    Mark 15:43
2.    Exodus 20:17
3.    Leviticus 7:15; 22-30
4.    Genesis 49:13
5.    Matthew 23:23
6.    Deuteronomy 2:30; Judges 11:19-20
7.    1 Chronicles 15:16
8.    Exodus 20:16
9.    Acts 14:12
10.  Daniel 8:3

No comments: