Saturday, January 23, 2016

GOD'S PROMISES - THANK YOU

In all things, give thanks.  No matter what you may be going through in life, be sure to give thanks to the Lord for the positive things, in your life.  

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.  They cannot be numbered!  I can't even count them, they outnumber the grains of sand!  And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:13-18

Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and shield.  I trust him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.  I  burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:6-7

O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike.  Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way!  Matthew 11:25-26

I thank you, O God!  I give thanks because you are near.  People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 75:1

Father, thank you for hearing me.  You always hear me. John 11:41-42

I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory! Psalm 118:21

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    What does Zechariah see in a vision that destroys the houses of thieves and liars?
2.    How long did it take Solomon to build his own house?
3.    At which battle were the Israelites defeated because Joshua attacked without seeking God's guidance first?
4.    In the parable of the debtors, one owed 500 denarii (pence), but how much did the other one owe?
5.    What was the name of the man who was paralyzed and had been bedridden for eight years?
6.    How old was Abram when he first became a father?
7.    How old was David when he died?
8.    How long was Noah's ark?
9.    During Paul's third missionary journey, roughly for how long did he minister in the school of Tyrannus at Ephesus?
10.  What does James say "envying and strife in your heart" brings?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Psalm 107:43
Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the Lord.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    Zechariah 5:1-4
2.    1 Kings 7:1
3.    Joshua 7:5-12
4.    Luke 7:41
5.    Acts 9:33
6.    Genesis 16:16
7.    2 Samuels 5:4
8.    Genesis 6:15
9.    Acts 19:10
10.  James 3:16

No comments: