Saturday, January 16, 2016

GOD'S PROMISES - GUIDANCE AND DIRECTION

God will lead and guide you in all areas of your life.  Pray and ask God to keep you in his perfect will in everything thing that you do.

O Lord, I give my life to you.  No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others. Show me the right path, O Lord, point out the road for me to follow.  Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:1, 3-5

Send your light and your truth, let them guide me.  Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live.  There I will go to the altar of God, to God - the source of all my joy.  I will praise you with my harp, O God, my God!  Psalm 43:3-4

Your laws are wonderful.  No wonder I obey them!  The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand.  I pant with expectation, longing for your commands. Come show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name.  Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. Ransom me from the oppression of evil people, then I can obey your commandments. Look upon me with love, teach me your decrees.  Rivers of tears gush from my eyes because people disobey your instructions. Psalm 119:129-136

Bible Trivia Questions
1.    Who does James say is the "source of every good and every perfect gift"?
2.    Which disciple asked Jesus to show them the Father?
3.    What did Athaliah do when she saw her son, Ahaziah, was dead?
4.    Who had a bed 13.5 foot long by 6 foot wide?
5.    Whose handkerchiefs were able to heal the sick?
6.    How did Daniel react to the vision by the river Hiddekel?
7.    Which Old Testament prophet was given a book to eat by God.
8.    What was the name of the centurion who looked after Paul on the journey to Rome?
9.    Which book of the bible comments that "dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savor?"
10.  "Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man", but what shall his mouth be filled with afterwards?

Inspirational Bible Verse of the Week
Ecclesiastes 2:26
To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over the to the one who pleases God.

Bible Trivia Questions Answers
(Look in the Verses listed below to find the answers.)
1.    James 1:17
2.    John 14:8
3.    2 Kings 11:1
4.    Deuteronomy 3:11
5.    Acts 19:12
6.    Daniel 10:8
7.    Ezekiel 3:2
8.    Acts 27:1
9.    Ecclesiastes 10:1
10.  Proverbs 20:17

No comments: